Thursday, April 15, 2010

Picking Up the Pace



This week we did our second timed run. Before I sat down to write about this, I went back and read my post on the first timed run. Oh how things have changed! Mostly I'm speaking to my mentality. My whole perspective has changed. I was almost excited for this one, to see how far I've come. I felt prepared, both mentally and physically for the challenge. I used the 1 1/2 mile jog down to the reflecting pool as a true warm up, versus wondering why we were running such a distance even before the stop watches started.

I ended up running with a friend who's pace nearly matches mine. She happened to have her Nike+ with her which was a great motivation. Having her being able to update me on our pace and time seemed to push us to keep it up.

At the end we finished 2 miles in 19:54min. Under 20 minutes!! That means I shaved almost 4 minutes off my original time. All in under 2 months! Needless to say, I'm a happy girl...

No comments:

Post a Comment