Monday, February 13, 2012

Tri Season 2012!


It's that time of year again! Today is the first day of Tri training. It's exactly how I remembered it: the mornings are freezing and dark, when my alarm went off at 5:15am I had no idea what crazy person was calling me so early, and I tried to put my running shoes on backwards as I was stumbling out the door. All joking aside though, I'm totally revved up and ready to go! I am even signed up for a couple races to prevent procrastination.

According to this blog I dropped off the face of the earth last year, so here's a quick update. I did join in on YTri training last season, but I was much more focused on training for the Rome Marathon. Unfortunately I got injured and instead had to swallow my pride and cheer on my friends. Though the marathon didn't happen, I did do my first ever running race: the Cherry Blossom 10 miler in DC. This  snowballed into the Marine Corps Historic Half Marathon in Fredericksburg, VA (with Drew Carey... umm yea...), the Baltimore 10 miler, the Dogfish Head Dash 10K and the Jingle All the Way 8K.

So after testing out the waters in the running world, I'm back for Tri Season 2012! The program has grown and we have a good number of new coaches so things will probably be a bit different. I'm already signed up for three races to keep me motivated: Cherry Blossom 10 mi in April, Philly Tri (Olympic) in June and the Iron Girl (Sprint) in August.

The program is 18 weeks long... Get Ready, Get Set, Go!

No comments:

Post a Comment