Friday, February 24, 2012

Being a Non-Runner who Runs!


I cannot tell you how many times I have heard the term "Oh I can't... I'm not a runner." People are always telling me how impressive it is that I do triathlons and half marathons and the second they do my immediate response is "So can you!" Lets be honest here. If I can do it, anyone can. I started this challenge two years ago, 20 lbs heavier and as a declared couch potato. To be fair, I've struggled with these labels myself, but it's time to get over it!

This week one of my running coaches sent us an email of the same old story. Her boss, who has signed up for a tri sprint, is claiming that he is no longer sure he can do it. His excuse being that he is just not a runner. To which she said, "I am sorry, but that is just not an option and everyone can be a runner". She then proceeded to send him this article, which she (and I) though was so funny and possibly helpful, which I now share with you and hope you enjoy!

The Non-Runner's Guide to Running

No comments:

Post a Comment