Thursday, March 25, 2010

Getting Excited!


This Saturday will be the Y-Tri's first outdoor bike! I have no idea why, but I've been so excited for this. I guess I'm always jealous of the bikers I see out in Rock Creek or down by the Potomac on the weekends. They just seem to know what they're doing. I mean, I know how to ride a bike... sure, but if I get a flat, a chain breaks, or any other usual wear and tear, I have NO idea how or what to do. So I guess I'm mostly excited for all this great "insider" knowledge I'll be gaining. There will be a basics and rules of the road review before the ride this Saturday, and then in two weeks the great people at The Bike Rack (a sponsor of Y-Tri, located @ 14th & Q) will be hosting a bike clinic to go over bike maintenance. I've also signed up for a similar clinic (free) at the Fairfax REI. (SIDE NOTE: Check out all the great free clinics your local REI offers... you'll be surprised at what a great resource they can be!). Sure, there might be a bunch of overlap in information, but this is the kind of thing that you need to hear and practice over and over again to be able to do it efficiently on your own on the side of the road... in the middle of a triathlon. I'm laughing to myself, having flashbacks of my dad making me take perfectly good tires on and off my car, over and over again before I left for college. Anyway, keep posted for updates on if I make a fool of myself or not.

Quick Note: Dear Mother Nature,
Please please please let it not be raining, at least for those few hours on Saturday morning... please!

No comments:

Post a Comment